Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filled Map for Switzerland "Kanton" not working online

Hi All

I've got a "filled map" for swiss-data. Means i would like to have the kanton (almost the same as state in US) in my map. On Desktop version it works great, but each times I uploaded into online PowerBI, it just nothing happened with the maps. It can not found the kanton (states) on the world map.

I almost tried everything but i cannot solve this issue. May you help me please
BR
Mtathias

13 REPLIES 13
dimark

Hi

I am from Switzerland, too. I can confirm that unfortunately I do have the same issue. 

The filled maps works great on pbi desktop, but will not get rendered on the power bi service in the web 😞

Regards,

Dominik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Seems as this is solved. From my side everything's fine. Thanks

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you tried setting Data Category for the Switzerland Canton column as "State or Province" before uploading it to Power BI Service.

canton.PNG

I have tested it on my side, the Switzerland Cantons can be shown in the Filled Map on my Power BI Service.

cantonService.PNG

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-ljerr-msft

Hi thank you in advance for your help.

Yes i already set the setting "Data Category" but it still does not work.

Is it possible that you can share your example with me to check if that is working or not?

What else could be the problem?

It would be great if this would working...

BR
itnesh

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is my test sample on OneDrive. Please go and check if it works for you.Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-ljerr-msft

Hi JerryLi, sorry I pressed the wrong button, it's not solved.

I checked with your file and it's the same. Desktop works fine, but online not... see printscreen below.

Do you have any other ideas?

powerbi.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I'm from switzerland and i would love to put in Kanton (almost the same as state in the US) into my filled map. On the desktop-version it works great, but if I upload this into online powerBI, it does not found anything on the map.

I almost tried anything, do you have some tricks for me?

BR
Matthias

Hi @Anonymous,

What do you mean of Kanton, is it a city or state in the Switzerland? It would be better if you could share some sample data and report design with us to test in our environment.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

"Kanton" is the swiss-wording for state.

Here you'll find the Report: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYzhkYzlhMDUtODhjYy00YWRlLWJmMWItYWM0YTIxNjkxYTVhIiwidCI6Ijg4M...

Can you help me with this or how can I share you this sample-data?

Furthermore i added you two printscreens, one from the desktop version (where it works) and one from the online version (where it is not working).

Thank you in advance

desktop.jpgonline.jpg

itnesh

Hi @Anonymous,

Access the report link you shared, I find the map works fine, see:

q4.PNG

From the second image, I notice the map display the whole world. Please zoom in the map then focus on the Europe, you supposed to see Switzerland.

If issue persists, you can upload sample data or .pbix file to OneDrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Even if i zoom into europe, there's nothing in switzerland as you can see in my printscreen.

It hast to be something else, even if you can see it and i can not see it. Any settings?

powerbi.jpg

Hi @Anonymous,

I didn't do any settings, just click the link you provided and zoom in. Can you check if you can see filled color when you click that link you shared?

Also I published a report to service, it worked fine on my side. Please click this link ( https://msit.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMGE3ZmM0YzgtNzc0Yi00MmIxLTkxNGMtYmVjYzAyMmFmNDMxIiwidCI6IjcyZjk4OGJmLTg2ZjEtNDFhZi05MWFiLTJkN2NkMDExZGI0NyIsImMiOjV9 ) to see if it works in your environment.

q2.PNG

Besides, please try to use different browsers or republish the .PBIX file to service.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I've got the feeling that you cannot help me. Your files are not working, neighter on Chrome nore on IE.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.