Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sajarac
Helper III
Helper III

Filled Map custom Regions

Hi There, I have been trying to create a filled map with no luck and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

In my data I have a column with the Sales Representatives and the regions that they represent located in US and Canada, but the filled map only recognizes the Ontario region, because the other regions has names such as Gulf Coast, Mountain Region, etc. is any way to map this?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

regards

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi sajarac,

You can change layers in power bi service. Please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-visualization-arcgis#features-overview

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi there, and thank you very much for you prompt reply. However, are you sure that this tool "Argis" is suitable for what I need?

I've been playing around and I cannot figure how to organice my data by regions, could you please provide a little bit more information? 

Thanks in advance

Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Help, help, help!!!!!!

Please, I am getting mental with this, it seems like none of the options works with my data.

Please any other sugestion?

Thank you kindly

Hello, any guru that can help me?

Still trying to figure out this with no solution so far. my list is sorted like this:

Sales Rep          |       Region

SalesRepSalesRep

SalesRepID SRName Region Email Active

1Select Northwest Yes
2Sales Rep AWest Central  Yes
3Sales Rep BEast Central  Yes
4Sales Rep CNorth East Yes
5Sales Rep DGreat Lales  Yes
6Sales Rep EMid Atlantic  Yes
7Sales Rep FMountain  Yes
8Sales Rep GWestern Canada Yes
9Sales Rep H Gulf Coast Yes
10Sales Rep I Southern Yes

And for instance Great Lakes are OH, MI, WI and IL.

How can I plot in the map this? 

thanks in advance for any response.

Regards

I am not a guru, but this worked for me.  I have a data dable that lists the states, the region the states are in (such as 1 thru 5), and the regional manager for each state.  By selecting the region or regional manager as the primary filter, the map fills in based on the numberical value for each region.  Hopefully this makes some sense to you.

regions example.JPG

Hi there, and thank you very much for your reply.

Your solution work, but my problem is for instance in the map I have to split California in two and others states also. that is why I have to use a custom map.

I found the solution in the follwoing post using the synoptic panel and the synoptic designer.

thanks again.

Regards

Synoptic panel:

https://okviz.com/blog/introducing-synoptic-panel-v1-4/

Synoptic Designer:

https://synoptic.design/

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I was able to use Filled Maps to subdivide a state. I created a column that had county level data (how I needed to divide my states) for only the states I needed to split up and just state level for other states. I then gave that column a data category of place. PBI mapped everything perfectly.Capture.PNG Hope that helps with your problem next time it comes along!

Never is too late, Thank you very much!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.