Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

geotech
Frequent Visitor

Filled Map - Display revenue range by state/location

Hello All,

I have searched this subject without success and it's possible that I am going out of order to achieve the desired results. I have the table below that I would like to display on a Filled Map according to the revenue by State and where it falls into a range (e.g. $0-1000, $1000-5000, $5000-10000, >$10000). I can create a new table within Power BI that sums the revene by State, however I am not sure if I can use this table as a reference for a Filled Map. Is it possible to do this directly through the Filled Map tool or will I need to process the data first and then use the Filled Map tool?

Customer NameProject NameStateRevenue
Customer 1Project 1NY1000
Customer 1Project 2NY6000
Customer 1Project 3NY13000
Customer 2Project 4GA23000
Customer 3Project 5CA40000
Customer 3Project 6CA2000

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@geotech you can create a measure and use that in condition formatting for filled map.

See attached, I have two measures, one for Sum of Revenue and other for color. I just created a range to show the different color, you can adjust the measure as per your need.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@geotech you can create a measure and use that in condition formatting for filled map.

See attached, I have two measures, one for Sum of Revenue and other for color. I just created a range to show the different color, you can adjust the measure as per your need.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to comment that I've been looking for a solution for days and this helped me perfectly! Thank you!

@parry2k , thank you for your quick response and elegant solution! I will read more into measures to see how else they can be used. This solves my current problem - thank you, again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors