Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cnor152
Regular Visitor

Fill out a row map weekly where row info and completed info are two different data tables

Apologies for the title - hard to explain and I am relatively new to PowerBi. 

I have 2 tables and am trying to create 1 dashboard. 

Table 1 is a map of rows in our sites. This does not change ever, at least until we build more sites. 

Table 1 Data.png

Table 2 is data that is updated every day - when the user finishes a row they mark it complete (1). If it is anything that isn't 1, it's not complete. 

table 2.png

The dashboard I am trying to create is something like this, where there are 3 slicers (showing the same dashboard with just different filter settings). Important requirement is that all the rows are always shown, and they are just marked complete when done.

3 Dashboard examples.png

I've tried for a long time to get this work. Only solution I found was creating a row map (Table 1), but for every week and every job. Even doing that, I could not get the site filter to work. 

I'm hoping there might be a simple solution, and I just don't understand relationships across tables?

(If it helps, I can change the row numbers to be unique - i.e "NY-001")

Here is the data:

RowSite
1New York
2New York
4New York
5New York
6New York
7New York
8New York
9New York
10New York
1London
2London
4London
5London
6London
7London
8London
9London
10London
11London
12London

NameWeekJobSiteRowComplete
Adam1852SweepingNew York11
Adam1852SweepingNew York21
Adam1852SweepingNew York31
Adam1852SweepingNew York41
Adam1852MaintenanceNew York11
Adam1852OperatingNew York61
Adam1852OperatingNew York71
Adam1852OperatingNew York81
Adam1852OperatingNew York91
Adam1852OperatingNew York102
Jane1852MaintenanceLondon11
Jane1852MaintenanceLondon21
Jane1852MaintenanceLondon31
Jane1852MaintenanceLondon41
Jane1852MaintenanceLondon51
Jane1852OperatingLondon62
Jane1852OperatingLondon72
Jane1852OperatingLondon82
Jane1852OperatingLondon92
Jane1852OperatingLondon102
Adam1901MaintenanceNew York12
Adam1901SweepingNew York21
Bob1901SweepingNew York41
Jane1901SweepingLondan101
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@cnor152 solution is attached, did transform some data, probably it is all self-explanatory, if there is any question, please ask.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@cnor152 solution is attached, did transform some data, probably it is all self-explanatory, if there is any question, please ask.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

This is awesome, thanks so much man! 

The only tiny thing that isn't a big deal - can the slicer for jobs only show those that were done? 

For example if there are 100 possible jobs, but only 20 were done for week 1 (based off the data table), can the slicer just show the 20? Not the 100 is currently does?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.