Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FPagden
Frequent Visitor

Fill data from one table into another table

Hi,

Possibly a simple issue but haven't been able to find an answer online or through the fora - hope it's not too obvious!

Problem: Essentially I want to create a table visual that allows me to show every employee in an organisation and whether they can work overseas. Ability to work overseas is dictated by several factors (passport in date, medical checks, etc).

Primary stumbling block:

1). How to duplicate data from multiple different tables into one table;

2). How best to create a column with multiple IF AND 

I've got several tables, each relating to a specific field within employee management (health status, dental status, etc). I have one master which contains the names and role information of all employees in the organisation. These are all linked by Employee Number, a unique identifier number. In each table there are several columns containing sets of information that dictate whether an employee can work overseas or not. I have simplified these - in each table I have created a DAX calculated column (call it Column X for this) that returns a "1" if they can and a "0" if they cannot.

I'm trying to create a new table with a column for each of the other categories, so that all those 1/0s can be in the same place. I will then create a final column "Column A" which will aggregate all of these and return a Yes if they can work overseas and a No if they cannot - they need to be "yes" on every metric, so I think this will be IF AND (?).

I feel like the first response will be "this isn't a very neat way of doing it" - the reason I want a separate table for all these columns is so that a manager can easily see what it is that is stopping their employee from working overseas.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.