Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

April
Regular Visitor

File structure change while adding table in power query editor

Hi, 

I was trying to add a table in the Power Query Editor within a dataset which already contains a file structure. However once I added the table within a specific folder, saved, closed and reopen the dataset again, the file structure is gone and every table has an "?". Can you please help to explain what went wrong? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

@April wrote:

Hi, 

I was trying to add a table in the Power Query Editor within a dataset which already contains a file structure. However once I added the table within a specific folder, saved, closed and reopen the dataset again, the file structure is gone and every table has an "?". Can you please help to explain what went wrong? 

Thanks. 

It may be related to this issue where the groups are removed. That is not a file structure, just grouping folders. Microsoft does have a repro, but they have not answered back that the cause has been identified or that a fix is in progress.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
edhans
Super User
Super User

@April wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks. 

It may be related to this issue where the groups are removed. That is not a file structure, just grouping folders. Microsoft does have a repro, but they have not answered back that the cause has been identified or that a fix is in progress.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

need more details - is that in Power BI desktop or on the service?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.