Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

duycao
Frequent Visitor

File name becomes Column name

Hi all,

This is I think a very simple staff but I've struggled with this for a while.

Basically, I connect data via the SharePoint folder. I need to update the data to that folder on a weekly basis, which means the folder contains multiple files with different names. 

Then when I load the data to Power BI, the program didn't recognize the first row as the header so I need to use "Use the first row as header" option then the "Souce.Name" will change to the file name so when I load the new file to the folder it would lead to error.

Can anyone help me on this 😞

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @duycao 

Based on your descirption, I'd like to suggest you use sharepoint folder connector to connect to the folder in the sharepoint. Please make sure each file has a sheet with same name and the table in the sheet has same structure.

b1.PNG

Result:

b2.PNG

For further information, I'd like to suggest you refer to the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thank you for your suggestion.

I did follow the steps you suggested from the beginning but I still face this issue you can see in the below image, the program didn't take the first row as the header.

Screenshot_1.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@duycao what is the error?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 8.49.09 PM.png

The issue is, you can see the first column, its name automatically changes to the file name, then when I upload a new file to the folder it will lead to the error showing that There's no column named ABC.xlsx found in the new file 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.