Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NankJ

File keeps loading and stucks on the pop up window

My laptop automactically restarted last night without saving the file, then I found I couldn't open the pbix I had been working on any more.

I tried reinstall powerbi desktop both from the microsoft store and from web,  then resintall edge view 2, nothing worked. It either stucked on the pop up window or kept showing "still processing"  depending on whether I opened the pbix file by double clicking or through file->open. 

Other pbix can be opened, but this only one didn't work... It's a project I have been working on for weeks 😞  Could someone  please save me? 

open from power bi dextop.pngdirect open.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NankJ , Try to enable this setting and try. Only useful, if you need online login

Go to File-> Options and settings -> Options -> Security Option -> and check : Use My Default browser( Visible after scroll)

if need create cache of default browser

Another one try these load settings

Load Setting.png

If you are on Aug -2022, check any issue reported at  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NankJ , Try to enable this setting and try. Only useful, if you need online login

Go to File-> Options and settings -> Options -> Security Option -> and check : Use My Default browser( Visible after scroll)

if need create cache of default browser

Another one try these load settings

Load Setting.png

If you are on Aug -2022, check any issue reported at  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Thank you @amitchandak !

I tried the settings but it didn't work.  However, your mention of  Aug -2022 reminds me to try an older version of Power BI, then it worked perfectly!  

The only possible cause of my issue could be the auto-update on powerbi after my laptop restart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.