Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

File corrupted or not valid

Hi, i was working on a power bi file, saved it, closed it and when i tried to open it again it didnt let me do it because it said that the file was corrupted or was an invalid type o file.

I have been searching for a solution and even found some post here about it but most of them said it was a bug (the post were from 2016-2017) so i was wondering if there is a solution for that or do i have to rebuild my file?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
edhans
Super User
Super User

I believe you will have to rebuild. If you have a Pro license you can open a support ticket at the bottom of this page but it won't be fast (usually takes a few days to resolve) and if it was a true corruption caused by your HD, network drive, SharePoint site, etc. they may not be able to recover. 

Hopefully you have a backup not too old. I keep PBIX files on SharePoint so they are constantly versioned.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

There is a auto recovery feature in Options, and please update the power bi desktop to the newest version, and rebuild the model see you the issue still occurs.
autoreovery.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

There is a auto recovery feature in Options, and please update the power bi desktop to the newest version, and rebuild the model see you the issue still occurs.
autoreovery.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thank you. I'll try that.

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you figured it out, if so please mark the replies as solutions. Or any updates we can help?

Regards
Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I had to rebuild the file based on a previous base I found. 

edhans
Super User
Super User

I believe you will have to rebuild. If you have a Pro license you can open a support ticket at the bottom of this page but it won't be fast (usually takes a few days to resolve) and if it was a true corruption caused by your HD, network drive, SharePoint site, etc. they may not be able to recover. 

Hopefully you have a backup not too old. I keep PBIX files on SharePoint so they are constantly versioned.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to rebuild it based on a previous copy I found.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.