Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

File contains corrupted data Details: Binary

I created a PBIx using OneDrive - after a few hours, I started to receive the "File contains corrupted data Details: Binary" error. I managed to clear cache and delete CEF and that fixed it at first. Hours later, I received the same error. I spent HOURS trying to fix the error then was told that it might be OneDrive.

I then changed all my datasources to a Sharepoint site and this seemed to fix the issue (although, deleted all my measures which I had to recreate). Another 8 hours worth of work, I added a conditional column which caused some errors due to "nulls" that I wasn't aware of. I went back and deleted the column and was going to create a calculated column for those where the column was null. 

I have then received the "File contains corrupted data" error and when I went into the query editor, I am back with the same error as before.

Data is a 50mb xlsx file - I tried splitting it down into files smaller than 30mb, this has no affect. The data is stored in a table. I have tried clearing cache and CEF again - no joy. I have no data types that are binary. I have a column that is consistently a 1 but this is imported as a number. There are no custom visuals. I have tried clearing the global permissions and reconnecting. I am on the latest version.

I am so frustrated because I can't seem to find the issue and I don't want to start over and recreate 2 days worth of work, again, to receive the same error.

Please help!

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.