Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

powerbinoob1

File Server/DFS Cluster Dashboard

Hello,

I have been tasked to provide some metrics for my File Servers for my organization. Leadership is looking for things like file growth (number of files), corpus size growth and trending, Active users (maybe those with the most stored content), etc. I thought I would lob this out to the gang here to see if anybody has some canned dashboards for this sort of thing. I have made use of some great canned dashboards for SCCM and Azure AD, but I have not come across anything for file services. Anybody here doing something like this? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbinoob1,

I'm not so sure for your file server, can you provide more detailed information about this?( for instance: file structure, name rule)

For your scenario, I'd like to suggest you to get data from folder and follow below steps to deal with this list.

1. Get date from specific folder.

1.png

2. Remove not need columns.

5.png

3. Expand the Attributes column with needed properties.

6.png

Result.

7.PNG

Then you can use above table to analysis your file server.(file type, size, create time)

8.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbinoob1,

I'm not so sure for your file server, can you provide more detailed information about this?( for instance: file structure, name rule)

For your scenario, I'd like to suggest you to get data from folder and follow below steps to deal with this list.

1. Get date from specific folder.

1.png

2. Remove not need columns.

5.png

3. Expand the Attributes column with needed properties.

6.png

Result.

7.PNG

Then you can use above table to analysis your file server.(file type, size, create time)

8.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.