Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bikelley
Helper IV
Helper IV

File Menu On Power BI Online is different & no publish to web button?

Hello,

Can anybody please tell me why I have a completely different file menu and publish to the web is missing on the file menu? 
I have published reports  to the web by link many times, but  when I go to do it today, I have completely different menu. I have pro lince, updated to the latest version, and I don't have live data either. 

Can anybody please help me get this thing work? 
Capture.PNG

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you able to see the Publish to Web option in the 'Share' tab --> Embed option? Something like this:

PC2790_0-1610430453090.png

If you are still not able to see, it could be a case that the admin might have disabled the option using admin portal.

To get more details please refer:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal

Go directly to Publish to Web section in the article.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bikelley ,

Could you please mark your post as Answered as you have found the cause? It will find the others in the community find it easily if they face the same problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bikelley
Helper IV
Helper IV

Today morning I have figure it out. I have edit the report on Power bi online. Then you will have the normal file menu. Thank you 

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you able to see the Publish to Web option in the 'Share' tab --> Embed option? Something like this:

PC2790_0-1610430453090.png

If you are still not able to see, it could be a case that the admin might have disabled the option using admin portal.

To get more details please refer:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal

Go directly to Publish to Web section in the article.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.