Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AECourtney
Regular Visitor

Figured out how to show percentages on pie charts

Hey guys, after searching high and low through the pie chart settings and giving up on creating separate columns showing percentages to use as the values, i discovered how to do it. 

If, when you choose the values to use, if you open the drop down and select quick calc and where it says 'Show Values as' select % of Grand Total, it'll use the % of the total as the value, and if you choose to show value as the data label, it'll show the percent. 

The only issue i've been able to find with it, is that if you hover over that section of the chart, it won't tell you the actual value, just the percentage. but hey, so did creating a column of percentages and using that as the value. 

6 REPLIES 6
martin_smith
Advocate I
Advocate I

This looks much easier now.

On the "Format" tab under "Detail Labels" there are various options to include percentages.

VIaIe.png

That's I was looking for, thank you!

Yes! This last message is exactly the one I needed. Talk about counter-intuitive - specify what shows up in the label under "Label style"??? Thanks!

HeroPost
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for that.

In addition, if you drop the value field in the tool tips of the chart, it will show the actual value as well

lavina03
Helper I
Helper I

@AECourtney,

Thank You, This was quick simple rather than creating measuring column

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AECourtney,

Thanks for your sharing.Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.