Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shamatix
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Figured it out, thank you.

Figured it out, thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

I believe the recommendations made at your other thread are correct.  Try to trim/clean the data and set to all upper or lower case (if applicable) before doing a remove duplicates step.  You may also be able to improve the uniqueness of your key if you add an index and merge before removing dups, but again, this will depend on your exact scenario and data.

Well in fact I have over 11 "Imports" i need to figure out the relationships on.. and right now I am just trying with the two.. I have managed to create a relationship between these 2, but whenever I drag a column in from both of em

If you are willing/able to share your pbix file with the community, we can take a look for you without paying for a skype session.

Really prefer not to share it with the entire world and the DB I look up against is just a backup on my own machine, so you wont be able to use the SQL database either so unsure how much the pbix file will help you if you cant boot it up against any database?

Anyways really willing to pay 50-100$ to get these relationships fixed, depending on how long time it take over skype.

So if you are using Import mode (vs. Direct Query) which you said you were, then the imported data is stored in the data model that comes with the PBIX.  However, I understand that you don't want to share the data.  Is it possible to create some obfuscated or dummy data that at least matches the structure and syntax?

Nah, it's to hard obfuscating all the data, even if I use a tool like SQL Data Generator it wont create the same issue as the same values / duplicates might not show up.. just tried=/ really think a skype session with payment will be the best

@Shamatix

To the tables in the screenshot, you need to change the relationship from Single to Both.

Lima - Peru

By putting it to both like below right? I have already tried thathttp://i.imgur.com/sqEn7T8.png

Then I get this:

And my relation sh

Once again if any wants to earn some money... and help me out =/ feel free to add me on skype: Snaske2

Still looking to buy some help ... preferable a skype session =/

I have had a similar issue where I had relatinships set up across several tables but there was no relation between others. In some instances I have found this doesn't matter, but in others I have had the same problem with visulisations not working.

One of the things I tried where I need just one field from anohter table was to add a new column to a second table that simple looked up the value from the first table. Then I had tables 2 and 3 with reltationships that worked and i would work around getting the data from the 1st table. This worked well for me because it was only one field that I needed to duplicate. It might be more problematic if there are lots of fields you are hoping to 'duplicate'.

If there a link between your tables 1 and 3 that you could include or superficially generate by the using the above method in some way? Like I say, I have found it depends on the fields you are looking at. Sometimes I had no issue and other times I had to work around it by adding in a field that would replicate what I was after.

I hope this helps.

i've just had a lok at your other thread - have you figured out which field is causing the problem?

I would create a table with a field from table 1 and then gradually adding in more fields from the other table. If you find some fields can be added that is probably good news at least, or are you finding that you get problems as soon as you add fields from the 2nd table?

No I have sadly not =/ By any chance I may share you my screen on skype as I am fairly new in Power Bi and perhaps you could show me?

Hmm give me a minute, ill try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.