Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

calauser
Frequent Visitor

Fields pane blank when connected to "PowerBI Service"

Hi,

I have a few datasets that have been published to a powerbi workspace. When i try to "Get Data" from the PowerBI Service, i select the correct datasets i want to connect to. In the bottom right hand corner it says connected live to dataset, but i dont see any in the "Fields Pane". the dataset has tables etc, since i can open the pbix directly and see it.

My internet connection goes through a proxy, and i can connect to Azure, SQL server etc no problem except for this. I noticed through port scanning that while it uses the proxy for those, but when i try to Get data using PowerBI Service it tries to access https://wabi-uk-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net through port 443 and completely bypasses the proxy. Which is probably why its failing. I've tried reinstalling, purging registry values etc and no difference

Any help with this issue is appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @calauser,

When you connect Power BI service, select one dataset like the following screenshot shown.

1.PNG

While you click "Ok", no tables appear in the Fields pane like the highlighted in red line?

2.PNG
If you configure the proxy settings for the On-premises Data Gateway? Please share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

While you click "Ok", no tables appear in the Fields pane like the highlighted in red line?

That's correct nothing shows up. this affects me and other machines in my organization that i could test.

Strange thing is i've installed Fiddler, which "hijacks" the proxy settings from Internet explorer, and it works i.e the tables appear in the Fields pane! But when i close fiddler and it restores the proxy settings it doesnt...Strange. 

Not sure it has anything to do with the on premise gateway though.

Hi @calauser,

I don't think it's related to data gateway. You can create a support ticket to check your background data on the right bottom of this page.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors