Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Brett007
Helper III
Helper III

Fields column on the left does not show all of the fields from Query.

How do I make all of the Fields from my table appear on the left "Fields" bar?  

Less than half of my fields show up on the left Fields bar.  I think it has to do with the lack of data in the columns.  Some columns have are 99% empty one is 100% empty.  They are dates for the most part.  Is there a way to make them appear? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brett007
Helper III
Helper III

Solved.  In transform data I noticed that the date fields had a question mark next to the calendar.  I went into Advanced Editor I replaced "None" with "Date" after all the fields that were dates.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brett007
Helper III
Helper III

Solved.  In transform data I noticed that the date fields had a question mark next to the calendar.  I went into Advanced Editor I replaced "None" with "Date" after all the fields that were dates.  

Glad you could solved it. please mark you answer as correct.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Brett007 ,

The fileds panel show all the columns no your model (except the ones you hide), it doesn't matter if they have data or not if the column exists it shows up on the Fields panel.

However be advise that this is based on the last step of your query so if you on the query editor delete columns they will not show on your Fields panel.

Check on the query editor if the last step has all the columns you need if not check in what step you have "lost" you columns, may be on a deletion, a group by, a merge and so on.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.