Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Field twice in table view

Hello all, I have the below table view which I have created and I would like to add the rc-number field twice but only showing certain data

1.PNG 

The first rc-number I would like to show is based upon the rc-type in the same DB with type vehicle and the 2nd is rc-number with type labour. There can only be 1 vehicle per line but there could be multiple labour. 

3.PNG

Is this even possible and if so how could I do this? I have tried varying things like importing the table twice and filtering the 2nd table on labour only but that doesn't work. I have tried a calcultated table but that did work. As soon as I add in rc-number from the 2nd table it cannot create a link. I'm a bit of a noob so I'm sure I am doing this the long way round.

thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What's the expected result? Can you share it please? Maybe you can add a column like this, then add it in the report.

New Col =
IF (
    [rc-number] = "GF61 CWZ"
        && [re-type] = "Vehicle",
    IF ( [rc-number] = "GF61 CWZ" && [re-type] = "Labour", 2, 0 )
)

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft, i suppose the expected result is something like this. I have added an extra column. I want it to show multiple people who are assigned to the action.

Untitled.png

I tried adding that column but got this

Capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share your pbix file? Or a dummy sample. Maybe you can add RELATED to the two columns.

New Col =
IF (
    [rc-number] = "GF61 CWZ"
        && RELATED ( [re-type] ) = "Vehicle",
    IF ( [rc-number] = "GF61 CWZ" && RELATED ( [re-type] ) = "Labour", 2, 0 )
)

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft, I'm afraid that had an error to. the pbix file is here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v191x5d8u9frqno/Truck%20Diary.pbix?dl=0

thanks 

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm afraid it's almost impossible to do it directly. Because there is no such data existed. For example, the "GF61 CWZ" only has type "Vehicle". BTW, is this what you want?

rc-number   re-type  other columns

GF61 CWZ   Vehicle                             (only one row)

GF61 CWZ   Labour

GF61 CWZ   Labour

Please be aware of your privacy, the download link is available to the whole Internet.

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft, I have remoed the file and thanks for the heads up.  I suppose I don;t mind how the data looks. If I could create a new table with just the data from the vehicles or labour in it then great. as long as I can make the view look like the example I have given. there is always 1 vehicle per DDiD but there can me multiple labour.

thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.