Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jan_Trummel
Helper III
Helper III

Field hierarchies are gone in April 2021-Version

Hello,

I have installed Power BI Desktop Version: 2.92.706.0 64-bit (April 2021).

Now, I can not create field hierarchies any more (by dragging a field from the field list and let it drop on another field).

Was this feature removed in the new version?

Greetins

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jan_Trummel ,

I can reproduce your issue. The approach to Create Hierarchy in Power BI that dragging and dropping one field on to the other does not work. Maybe you could select the filed that you want to use in Hierarchy, and right-click on it will open the context menu. Select the New Hierarchy option from the context menu. Please select the field that you want to add, and right-click on it will open the context menu. Select the Add to Hierarchy, and then select the Hierarchy name.

042101.gif

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nicolast29
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks

Work for me

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jan_Trummel ,

I can reproduce your issue. The approach to Create Hierarchy in Power BI that dragging and dropping one field on to the other does not work. Maybe you could select the filed that you want to use in Hierarchy, and right-click on it will open the context menu. Select the New Hierarchy option from the context menu. Please select the field that you want to add, and right-click on it will open the context menu. Select the Add to Hierarchy, and then select the Hierarchy name.

042101.gif

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.