Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aleksandrajozwi
Regular Visitor

Few columns with dates - how to do the slicer which will count the rows from each of the column

Hi all!

I am a new Power BI user. I have a huge problem with calculating rows from each column, where the slicer is from separate date table. 

Currently I have one table Candidates with the following columns (this is a view from SQL db):

1. PhoneScreenDate

2.RecruiterSubmittalDate

2. RecruiterRejectionDate

3.RecruiterAcceptanceDate

with the dates as a value. 

I would like to create a Slicer, (now it is filtered by RecruiterSubmitalDate), but we can have a situation where there were only some Phone Screens with 0 Recruiter Submitals, which will give me a chance to count all the columns. 

I was trying to create a separate Calendar Table and compare every column with that but it is not working. 

As a result I would like to have a table with the countrows of:

Phone Screens - one column

Recruiter Submitals - second column etc.

But it need to be a slicer with the date. 

Thank you all for all your support!

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@aleksandrajozwi,

You may refer to the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Custom-slicer-that-toggles-between-columns-to-generate-a-ch...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@aleksandrajozwi Please provide some sample data and expected output, to provide any solution

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

Hi!

The data source is SQL DB, but you will find a sample of my data below:

https://imgur.com/ng3Eux9

When it somes to the expected result, I need a table with the separate columns as: Phone Screens, Submitted to Recruiter, Accepted by Recruiter, Rejected by Recruiter. 

What is the most important is the slicer with the date to choose only some period of time (we have to show the report for previous week mostly, but our client can choose any other date as well). 

Thank you very much!

aleksandrajozwi. 

PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@aleksandrajozwi Could you please post some sample data and expected output, to provide any solution

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.