Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cSalkhanov Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: February 2020 Desktop Update?

I have an issue with this update too:

Can't open any of the reports I've created in earlier versions of PBI Desktop (Dec 2019), error message says: "We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model". Reinstalling didn't help.

musicbydannyd Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Link is now working correctly... I was able to download Feb 2020 64bit version at 6:00 AM EST. I have yet to open any files as I was going to install February gateway first.

I'll post here if I encounter any errors.

Good luck,

Danny

erceve
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue after this update, I cannot open any reports, even after creating a new (blank) report and saving it, I'm unable to reopen it. I get the error: "We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model"

what i've tried so far: 

- repair

- reset

- reinstall

- uninstall and install from windows store instead of desktop version msi file

- uninstall, manually remove user Appdata folders related to powerbi + remove any keys related to powerbi from registry, reinstall

Nothing has worked so I'm eagerly waiting for any solutions!

If possible, can somebody share the december version installer?

cSalkhanov Advocate I
Advocate I

@erceve 

I haven't found an official source so I uploaded my December installer to WeTransfer:
https://we.tl/t-Z3wMC8kclr

erceve
Frequent Visitor

@cSalkhanov  Thanks a lot! I'll try and see whether this works!

BartVerhoeven
Regular Visitor

Hi Danny,

can you please tell me where did you download the Feb 2020 64bit version at 6:00 AM EST from ?

I checked download center, downloaded the PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe 20 minutes ago, uninstalled power BI desktop, re-installed it, but still the same error: "We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model".

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

Bart 

Watsky Resolver I
Resolver I

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I hate the fact that some of us have to download it this way and have to see all the excitement from others who have the downloaded it.

Marzhan

I have the same issue

musicbydannyd Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@BartVerhoeven, here's the link I used for msi installers (both 32 & 64 bit): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

Good luck!

Danny

Theiren
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue if trying to open any of my Power BI files: "We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model".

Version: 2.78.5740.721 64-bit (February 2020)

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors