Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bw70316
Helper V
Helper V

Failure to Retrieve Unique Values -- Relationship Model

I have two tables that each include expense types. I am trying to retrieve a target value and a budget for each expense type. All my Budgeted Items came in on 11/13. My Actual Items, which come in when a fraction of an expense type contract has been spent, have multiple posting dates. 

My Equation for Target Value is Pay Period % * Sum of Budgeted Amount. Because my Budget Items only have one date, they do not list correctly in my matrix. Is there anyway to get the Budgeted Amount and Target Items for these particular expense types without having proper dates? Below are screen shots demoing why some items are working correclty and why some are not. As you can see, the unique date for the Actual Items (bottom picture), allows for the correct spent amount to show at the correct date, while the other dates are showing the same value continously. Do need a way to create a date field for the budgeted Items to make a Relationship?

Same Date Budget.pngActual Date Expense.pngViz for Ad.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bw70316,

What is your desired result? Could you please offer your sample data and post your desired result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am hoping to retrieve unique values from my vendors on the expense types. I have two tables: Budgeted and Actuals. Only Actuals has Vendor Names and Unique Posting Dates, while the Budget Table has only one Date (11/13/2018), and both have expense types. I want to be able to see the budgeted amount for each Vendor (which is inside expense type) to get an accurate remaining total. I feel like I need to make a direct connection between my budgets and actuals table?

Vendors.pngSame Date Budget.pngActual Date Expense.pngRelationships.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.