Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to save modifications to the server - blank vaule in id column

Hello!

I have issue when I am trying to reprocess the data within one of my tables in analisys service.

I am getting error message: "Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: Column 'ID' in Table 'Retailers' contains blank values and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table.

The problem is... that I don't have any blank value within this column. I checked the database and how the data looks in PQ in Visual Studio and still no blank Values in ID column. I even added additional step in PQ to filter out empty values but the error still appears 😞

Funny thing is that, when I switched source to another database (on QA environment) where I have the same table with just slight difference on data (like two or three records more) then it is working fine

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Check if there is any auto-created unnecessary active relationships between tables. Maybe you can first remove the unnecessary relationships or the relationship which influences the Table 'Retailers', and refresh the data. After bringing in data, recreate relationships manually. Or you may drag this column into a table visual and check Show items with no data. When sorting it ascendingly, empty value will appears on the top if any. 

There are some other methods that may be helpful in this link: powerbi - Get "not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship" errors - Stack Overflow

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to confirm there is no blank records, try replacing the blank values/ null values by unique value ABC and then try to filter the records for ABC values. You can filter for ABC records . This is not a solution, just to confirm the validity of the data.

Thanks

Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunatelly problem still occurs. There are no null values to replace with ABC

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.