Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to save modification to the server

Hello,

i have the following error when trying to import data from SQL.
if you check the below image its saying "fromDay in table SupervisorCommision cannot be found".

i imported same table earlier and put a new column in it RELATED to another table. now, its not possible to create this from Query editor.
any Suggestion. ?

MMajeed_0-1631097848552.png

3 REPLIES 3
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

the error message says there is a problem with the column "fromDay". Can you check the data source if that column exists or has problems?

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Data Source does not have "fromDay"

earlier, i imported same data set and made a new column in data view with the following dax :

fromDay = RELATED(Period[fromDay])
due to some other problems i removed the tables AreaManagerComission and Supervisor Comission, and re imported them. now i cant creat the fromDay column because its not accepting loading data without first giving him the fromDay column. 

Hi, @Anonymous 

As the table structure of your original data source has been changed, you may need to recheck each applied step in Power query editor.

You can also consider creating a new report to connect to the data source, and then you can replace the original query with the new query.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.