Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simontaylor
Employee
Employee

Failed to auto refresh with credentials issue in Personal Gateway

Hi,

I am using a personal gateway to auto refresh dataset with two webpages as datasource. I saved credentials successfully and it auto refreshed for some days. Around Dec 8th 2020, it stopped working and I can't enable it any more. It always says the credentials can't be saved.

Is there any solution for it?

Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 076f5a30-5d66-46e3-9fcf-5b14d66b18e0
Request ID: d2d0afba-5e23-7ec1-d78a-ed06e4e3aa32
Time: 2020-12-28 18:10:46Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
simontaylor
Employee
Employee

It is fixed by uninstall and reinstall the gateway with reconfiguration. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
simontaylor
Employee
Employee

I think the issue was caused by some others installed a personal mode gateway on the same server.

simontaylor
Employee
Employee

It is fixed by uninstall and reinstall the gateway with reconfiguration. Thanks.

simontaylor
Employee
Employee

simontaylor_0-1609184953399.png

I tried with all combinations for the credentials part. In the past, it will save credentials with basic. But this time, it won't accept my credentials and failed. Any idea?

Hi,  @simontaylor 

First make sure that the gateway version is the latest, then clear the cache, update the credentials and the corresponding authentication method, and ensure that the data source supports the corresponding authentication method. And check if the url is still valid.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please add more information and feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.