Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rcalvo
Frequent Visitor

Fail to save modifications on the server - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Dataset

Hi,

I am getting the following error message when trying to refresh datasets. I am using an API conection to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 server.

I had no problem loading the entities, or creating the conections. The report seems to be fully functional as well, but when trying to refresh from Power BI Desktop, the following error message pops up. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Power BI Error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yuezhe-msft I was finally able to refresh via Power BI online. I had to remove the report and publish it again.

After that, I was able to schedule refreshes without an issue.

If it happens again, I will try your suggestion and increase the max allowd.

Thank you all for your responses!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

It seems like you are running out of the memory!

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks for the reply. Im running this on a computer with 16GB of memory. I have been monitoring the RAM usage during the refresh, and seems like never goes over 50%.

Power BI Error.jpg

Hi ,

Can you test the refresh by reducing the no. of columns or having some constraints on your transactions table. 

Are  you using 32 bit or 64 bit version of PBI Desktop.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Again, thank you for your responeses.

I am using the 64 bit version, and unfortunately I can't reduce the number of columns.

I tried to reduce the number of rows by filtering the field "opportunitystage" using the following expression but did not seem to work. I still get the same number of rows (95k for this entity) before and after applying the filter.

let
Source = OData.Feed("https://XXXX/api/data/v8.2/"),
opportunities_table = Source{[Name="opportunities",Signature="table"]}[Data],

filter=( "opportunitystage" = "870410007")

in
opportunities_table

Hi @rcalvo,

Does the error persist after you increase the size of “Maximum allowed” as shown below in Power BI Desktop?
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm getting same error.

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'The provider 'Microsoft.PowerBI.OleDb' is not registered.
The following system error occurred: Class not registered
A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of '43867f63-dd71-474d-9612-3fd5e06e71f5'.
The database operation was cancelled because of an earlier failure.
The provider 'Microsoft.PowerBI.OleDb' is not registered.
The following system error occurred: Class not registered
A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of '7c797a46-059b-4c27-a430-d2e907764d50'.
'.

PBI desktop is of 64-bit and my computer RAM is 8GB

What should o do to solve this?

Thanks in advance

@v-yuezhe-msft I was finally able to refresh via Power BI online. I had to remove the report and publish it again.

After that, I was able to schedule refreshes without an issue.

If it happens again, I will try your suggestion and increase the max allowd.

Thank you all for your responses!

I faced with the same thing. I have a customized dataset from BC365.
You should exclude the columns which is binary.
You detect and exclude these columns in Query or you can remove in BC365 customized dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.