Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EW

Fail to replicate stacked bar chart from Excel

Hi guys,

I used the method in following link to create a stacked bar chart in Excel to display the utilisation of an asset.

http://ksrowell.com/blog-visualizing-data/2013/05/16/how-to-make-a-gantt-chart-for-repeated-tasks/

I tried to replicate the method in PowerBI but fail to do so, cause PowerBI is directly summarzing the values (count, sum, etc) and I don't find an option to disable this setting.

Usage of other tools like Timeline or Timeline Storyteller is no option, as 3rd party extensions are disabled in our organisation.

Many thanks for your comments

Eike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Eike,

I'm afraid you can't do the same with the Stacked bar chart. The numbers in a Value field will be aggregated in Power BI. Can you use the R or Python in your organization? 

There is a custom visual Gantt developed by Microsoft. Maybe you can try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Eike,

I'm afraid you can't do the same with the Stacked bar chart. The numbers in a Value field will be aggregated in Power BI. Can you use the R or Python in your organization? 

There is a custom visual Gantt developed by Microsoft. Maybe you can try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks a lot for you answer. This is what I feared, but I'll have a look into your solutions - can't answer straight away, cause I'm pretty new to PBI myself.

Best regards, Eike

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.