Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fail to import data into Power BI Desktop,get "Expression.Error: The number is out of range" error

Hi, 

I'm trying to import data into power BI Dekstop, data source is Salesforce Report. But I'm getting "Expression.Error: The number is out of range of a 32 bit integer value." error, suspected is the time duration in source table , anyone have the solution? try to convert this column into text , but still unsuccessful. Smiley Sad

error.png

4 REPLIES 4
sorathecat
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous  Hey, i am currently experiencing this issue too when trying to import life cycle reports from salesforce with the duration having the same error. How did you manage to resolve this? Would appreciate it if you can let me know. Thanks!

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

You may have a look at below post and check if it's helpful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/23cc091d-d104-42dd-a5a0-e4067845f5d5/the-number-is-out-of-range-of-a-64-bit-integer-value-details?forum=powerquery

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-cherch-msft

Tried to change data type to number, still having same error, not really familar with M query ,  Attached the code i wrote, let me know if my coding is wrong, thank you 

code capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous

You may check the data type as below and try 'Duration'. If it is not your case, you may submit a support ticket.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.