Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

procyon82
Resolver I
Resolver I

Facebook Reactions

Hi,

I am successfully getting the number of post likes from facebook, but I am struggling to find where to get 'reactions' data. Does anybody know where to get reactions data from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@procyon82

According to this article, we can get Facebook reactions information with Graph API starting from v2.6. The Facebook connector in Power BI Desktop relies on the Facebook Graph API, and Power BI leverages v2.2 in all calls to the Facebook API now. If you want to get the reactions data using Power BI, you can first get the post id with default Graph API v2.2.

Facebook Reactions_1.jpg

Then create another query using Graph API v2.7 as below.

Facebook Reactions_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Saqiba-Durrani

How can I get the number of likes from a Facebook post which is on public page. I use the same procedure as getting the number of comments on a post but the aggregate option becomes locked.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@procyon82

According to this article, we can get Facebook reactions information with Graph API starting from v2.6. The Facebook connector in Power BI Desktop relies on the Facebook Graph API, and Power BI leverages v2.2 in all calls to the Facebook API now. If you want to get the reactions data using Power BI, you can first get the post id with default Graph API v2.2.

Facebook Reactions_1.jpg

Then create another query using Graph API v2.7 as below.

Facebook Reactions_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

awesome was looking for this. 

Is there a dynamic way to pull all reactions in rather than just for a specific post ?

I have posts and comments but am struggling to find all the reactions regarding the posts.

i've seen online someone use

= Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.6/[Page]/posts?fields=reactions")

But this unlike the screenshot that came with this does not seem to bring back the reactions (Like, Wow... etc)

Any help much appreciated

D

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.