Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

singarfield
Helper I
Helper I

Facebook Insights dahsboard

Hi! I have a commercial Facebook page I run, and I currently have to export the excel reports manually and import them into power bi. Do you know if there is any way of skipping this process and connecting the two directly? The types of insights I look at are: page impressions, video views, page reach 28 days, post reach 28 days, post comments, page likes, etc. So it's the information that you can only get from Facebook insights on your own page. I know Tableau offers a connector, so I was hoping something similar could be achieved with Power Bi. Thank you, singarfield
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@singarfield,

Unfortunately, power bi has not developed such kind of connector, if you really want to connect to Facebook Graph, you may try odata.feed instead.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Singarfield there is also a connector in Power BI, under 'Online Services' in the Get Data dialog box

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Hi @LivioLanzo, from what I have seen that doesn't provide the sort of insights I need, it provides things like comments, news, and other public data. No performance data. Is this not the case? Thank you Singarfield

@singarfield,

About how to connect to facebook in power bi desktop, please follow instructions in this documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tutorial-facebook-analytics.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft, I have already tried this, but it only shows me information from the owner page (my personal page) not from the commercial page I run. I need insights from the commercial page. I also get an error when I try to view comments. Thank you Singarfield

@singarfield,

I would suggest you to submit your idea here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft, Do you mean then that there is no possible way currently of doing what I need? I was hoping there was a way of using the Facebook Graph API Explorer. Thank you, Sara

@singarfield,

Unfortunately, power bi has not developed such kind of connector, if you really want to connect to Facebook Graph, you may try odata.feed instead.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.