Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

christian-khun

Facebook Data limit results

Hi, I've been experimenting the Facebook data source and unfortunately, I cannot import data coming from a page that has too many posts. Is there any way to limit the query or bypass it ?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mllopis
Community Admin
Community Admin

Unfortunately there isn't a way to limit the results currently. Please leave a vote for this feature in our Feature Suggestions forum so we can prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,
M.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mllopis
Community Admin
Community Admin

Unfortunately there isn't a way to limit the results currently. Please leave a vote for this feature in our Feature Suggestions forum so we can prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,
M.

Go custom and put something like this:

Posts?limit=10

I'm having success with this:

Source = Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/FAMOUS_SITE/posts?since=2016-02-20&limit=10"),

I'm not sure why it works as i'm getting back more posts than "limit=10" but at least i'm not getting the "DataSource.Error: Facebook: Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request" error:

I believe the limit value is the number of lines of data per database call.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.