Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prihana
Helper V
Helper V

Facebook Connector is Missing

Can anyone update wether we can get facebook data to Power BI? Because I cant find Facebook connector under Online serevices.

I know they discontinued the old API. 

But saw an article on there documentation which was updated recently with the connector (there is a warning as well)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-tutorial-facebook-analytics 

Warning

Due to Facebook App permission restrictions, the connector capabilities described in this article are not currently working properly. We’re working with Facebook to return this functionality as soon as possible.

5 REPLIES 5
adelheni
Helper III
Helper III

There is many other easy ways to connect your facebook data to power bi.
There is multiple platform that you can use to connect and analyse you data.
here is some I've used in the past : 

https://windsor.ai/

- Funnel io 

- coupler

Hope this helps !!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak @Sujit_Thakur 

My question is the connector is not available on the list

Annotation 2020-06-30 103005.jpg

Dear Friend ,

Power bi has discontinued fb get data services due to permission issues from facebook side.

I don't think this get data from fb will be working anymore . As I also shared you a notice in my above reply which was for excel but they have also discontinued for BI as permission issues from FB . 

And video shared by one of our friend in above reply , won't help cause those videos are 3 years old from curbal YouTube channel , when this FB thing used to work , but sorry to say ,untill MS people don't resolves issue with FB , you won't  be able to use get data from FB thing .

Sujit_Thakur
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Dear friend , 

This is what I found , 

"Important: Retirement of Facebook data connector notice   Import and refresh data from Facebook in Excel will stop working in April, 2020. You will still be able to use the Facebook Get & Transform (Power Query) connector until then, but starting in April, 2020, you will be unable to connect to Facebook and will receive an error message. We recommend revising or removing any existing Get & Transform (Power Query) queries that use the Facebook connector as soon as possible to avoid unexpected results."

Please mark my answer as a solution 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.