Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

helviobrito

Facebook: (#100) Tried accessing nonexisting field (comments) on node type (Page)

Hi, people.

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to create a report based on a Facebook page comments. But Power BI returns the error bellow:

"Facebook: (#100) Tried accessing nonexisting field (comments) on node type (Page)"

The problem is that the Facebook page has numerous comments. I checked the page settings and saw nothing that could be blocking them.

What is happening? How can I solve this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @helviobrito,

Based on my test, we may need to get all posts first, then expand the object_linkexpand object_link.connections > expand object_link.connections.comments to get comments for each post. The M query below is for your reference. Smiley Happy

let
    Source = Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.8/microsoftbi/posts?limit=100"),
    #"Expanded object_link" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(Source, "object_link", {"connections"}, {"object_link.connections"}),
    #"Expanded object_link.connections" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded object_link", "object_link.connections", {"comments"}, {"object_link.connections.comments"}),
    #"Expanded object_link.connections.comments" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Expanded object_link.connections", "object_link.connections.comments", {"created_time", "from", "message", "id", "object_link"}, {"object_link.connections.comments.created_time", "object_link.connections.comments.from", "object_link.connections.comments.message", "object_link.connections.comments.id", "object_link.connections.comments.object_link"})
in
    #"Expanded object_link.connections.comments"

facebook.PNG

Regards

Great! Worked for me. 

Now the question is how I can see the replies of the comments, so my order would be:

post -> comment -> replies of the comment

Is that possible?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.