Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

FONT SIZES ARE NOT THE SAME between chart and text box

Has anyone ran into the issue that the font sizes (the actual number setting) are not universal within a report?! I am not sure if this is just me and maybe there is a setting somewhere that I can change to make sure certain that thoroughout my report and all of my data visualizations the font size means the same thing. Currently if I set the text in a textbox to size 14 and the text in a chart x- axis to 14 THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT SIZES IRL. Proof attached below.

This is incredibly confusing/fustrating when trying to remain consistent throughout a report!

FontSize1.0.PNG

FontSize2.0.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
scottybank217
Regular Visitor

Power BI Team - are there any updates on this issue/bug? Like other users have stated, it is extremely frustrating trying to get your reports to have a consistent look due to the font sizes not always matching up.

@v-yuezhe-msft 

@v-yuezhe-msft 

Curious to know if there is any traction on this. Frustrated to see the last post is 8 months old.

I'll just throw it out there in case anyone at MS is listening:

These types of standards need to be applied to any Custom Visual marked as "Microsoft Certified" in the market place. Honestly, it's a hodge-podge crap shoot out there about font sizes.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I got response from PG:

"This is a known issue, some visuals are still using pt and some are using px sizing, we have a work item to track this issue but it has not been funded yet. It should be fixed next semester."

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still experiencing this issue. Are there are new infos when can we expecting fix?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I can reproduce this issue in Power BI Desktop July release, I will report it internally and post back once I get updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Been 5 years now and this bug is still casuing problems. Any updates, @v-yuezhe-msft ?

@v-yuezhe-msft can you please update us on the internal progress of this? It looks messy when you can't have consistent text sizing across visuals. Is there any way to make the two text sizes consistent until this fix?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors