Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

FIltering errors moving between Power Query and Power BI

I'm pulling data from an intersystems Cache database through their ODBC driver. Everything works fine in Power Query - I get my data, I can refresh the preview and al lthat. But when I Close and Load into Power BI, it tells me that every line returned contains an error (X rows loaded. X Errors). I click the link to look at the errors in Power Query, and the query returned is empty - no errors.

The tables return fine if I don't apply any filters (no errors). They return errors regardless of the data type I'm filtering. I'm just kinda lost on what's going on here, and how to to even start fixing it. Has anyone encountered this error, or have an advice on how to start chasing down what's happening? I recently upgraded my desktop and my old pc could (and continues to be able to) filter rows without an issue

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on your error message, it typically happens when your columns contain data that doesn't match the data type of the column. This is allowed in Power Query, but not when the data is loaded.

An example would be numbers with fractions, while your column's data type is whole number.

Please visually check if the actual data in each column matches the data type of the column and make sure the data types of the columns match the data types of the values in the columns. 

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.