Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bastien_O
Frequent Visitor

FIRSTDATE and filters

Hello,

I need your help because, I must take a date with three filters, and take the year of this date (here i have the 05/04/2016, so i want take the 01/01/2016). After, I have this interactive date, I want to create a new column and in this column compare the date of emission and my interactive date with a DATEDIFF, but the problem is that my interactive date is only on the rows who complete all filters.

It works when I put the date manually, but I don't want that.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Bastien_O ,

Values in a calculated column are fixed. They are an immutable result for each row in the table. You'll need to create a measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft 

Hi,

I think you don't understand my problem because I explain it badly.

I have created two measures who's called "DatePlusAncienneApprouvee" and "AnneePlusAncienneApprouvee", the first returns me the first "[Date d'émission]" with 3 filters. And the second returns the 1st January of the year from the first measure "DatePlusAncienneApprouvee".

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

This two measures works !

Capture6.PNG

And after I want two create a new calculated column, who return at each rows "OK" if "[Date d'émission]" is after the date of "AnneePlusAncienneApprouvee" (so the 01/01/2016) and if "[Date d'émission]" is before it return "KO" in the row.

Capture7.PNG

And the first problem is that calculated column uses all filters of "DatePlusAncienneApprouvee" and when the row doesn't fill the filters it's return 01/01/1900. And the second problem is even the row fill all filters it will return the 1st January of his year (if [Date d'émission] the the 12 July 2017 it will return the 01/01/2017 while he should return the 01/01/2016).

Capture3 (2)_LI.jpg

We view the first problem at the 1 of the picture and the second at the 2.

I hope to be clearer in explanation this time.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors