Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LiorKerenQ8

Extracting and saving periodic data

Hi,

I am connected to MySQL DB. 

I have a table with values (always current) per user (e.g. user_id, user_balance, etc.).

Once I refresh the data, I lost all past values of course and get only the current data.

What I need, is an automated process of a daily refresh at 00:00 and extracting all of the table values into a new table/file.

This way, I can monitor the daily balance of all my users historically as well.

Is there a way to do it ? how ? 

Thx.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LiorKerenQ8,

I would suggest you create a table in Mysql and store the latest data before it is overridden. Then you can connect the New table from Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could probably get there via something like R or Python integration with Power BI but what you are talking about really isn't a strength of Power BI. Automatic refreshes aren't going to be that precise for instance. I would look on the MySQL database side for export tools that you could schedule, something like a maintenance job in SQL Server or SSIS.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors