Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Extract data from a specific area ofa map

Hi

I have a new requirment today when using maps from a specific business unit, the maps have a range of tool tips placed on them and of course the user can filter and see different bubbles on the map (we are using Bing) but now the requirment is that they wish to zoom into a specific tiny area and only extract what has been zoomed into on the map.

This way they will be able to review data specific to a tiny area of their choice and have more flexibility.

I can not think of anything and are open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to use geo-hierarchies

Use geo-hierarchies so you can drill down to different "levels" of location

When your dataset already has different levels of location data, you and your colleagues can use Power BI to create geo-hierarchies. To do this, drag more than one field into the Location bucket. Used together in this way, the fields become a geo-hierarchy. In the example below we have added geo fields for: Country/Region, State, and City. In Power BI you and your colleagues can drill up and down using this geo-hierarchy.

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly

I have completed a review on the links but no luck, whenever you zoom in on a map to a say a 2 inch area with many  roads you can not seem to extract just that specific data range which is what i am chasing.

When you export or view the data you get all data for whatever your base filters are accross the entire area not just the zoomed in area. 😞

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to use geo-hierarchies

Use geo-hierarchies so you can drill down to different "levels" of location

When your dataset already has different levels of location data, you and your colleagues can use Power BI to create geo-hierarchies. To do this, drag more than one field into the Location bucket. Used together in this way, the fields become a geo-hierarchy. In the example below we have added geo fields for: Country/Region, State, and City. In Power BI you and your colleagues can drill up and down using this geo-hierarchy.

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kelly

Still not exactly what i need but i did find a work around in the end to meet their needs.

CHeers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly

We are using the bubble map for this.

Regards

Phil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.