Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JasonC
Regular Visitor

Extract Values isn't working

I'll start off with...I know very little about power BI.

I found a Power BI template to connect to Jira.  After some experimentation I figured out how to add the Sprint custom field to Power BI.  In the query editor it shows the value of the field to be "List".

Yesterday, I cliked the double/parting arrows on that column header in the query editor, Extract Values, Chose the Comma option, and then several new columns were added.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was a start, at least it somewhat separated out the values into something I could further manipulate (I think) into something useful.

Today, I try the same thing, but I don't get additional columns.  "List" was replaced with the following text, no additional columns were created.

com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.Sprint@11182d38[id=14,rapidViewId=44,state=ACTIVE,name=XXXXXXXXXX,goal=,startDate=2017-10-24T19:56:09.182Z,endDate=2017-11-07T19:56:00.000Z,completeDate=<null>,sequence=14]

I've tried other delimiters, same results.

I also tried Expand to New Rows, it does exactly the same thing as Extract Values.

What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JasonC,

Where do you get the JIRA template file? How do you add the Sprint custom field in the report? Would you please share the pbix file with us which you have issue if possible? The official template can be downloaded here

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.