cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pbakaric Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Extract Entry from List

Hello, I'm looking for a way to extract a specific entry from a list. I have created the two columns below in the Query Editor. The "Sorted Cycle Time" column contains a list of values in each row. I would like to extract the corresponding value in the "20 Percentile Item" column. Said differently, in the first row I would like to extract the 1170th value from the corresponding list in the "Sorted Cycle Time" row. Is there a simple way to do this in another column? 

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Extract Entry from List

@pbakaric,

Add a custom column in Query Editor of Power BI Desktop, then extract the custom column value.

=List.Range([Sort Cycle Time],[20 Percentile Item]-1,1)

1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@pbakaric,

Add a custom column in Query Editor of Power BI Desktop, then extract the custom column value.

=List.Range([Sort Cycle Time],[20 Percentile Item]-1,1)

1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pbakaric Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Awesome! That worked, thank you so much. 

I'm surprised that returned the value and not a count of 1. The documentation on list range doesn't make it seem like it would return a value. Thanks again!