Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SanderBI
Frequent Visitor

External user cannot access data flow from power bi desptop

I've an external user set up via AD B2B and added as admin in my workspace. The user is able to create/own a data flow from the service.

However, once the user tries to access the data flow from Power Bi Desktop it only shows the ones from his own organisation and not from the organisation were the user is set up as guest. 

Does anyone know if this is an issues or missing configuration?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SanderBI ,

Except for being the admin of workspace, the external user has no Build permission for the underlying dataset , so he can't access the corresponding dataflow.

You can learn more about dataflow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-dataflows#considerations-and-limitations-1.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Amy, the data flow connects to Blob where it reads CSV files. Since the user is able to create the data from from the service i think there is nothing wrong with it's permissions. The dataset is not involved here, right

I read the information and it seems this is more related to premium capacity were you have direct acces to the location the data is stored. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors