Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EricPierre
Frequent Visitor

Extended Theme for Background and Title

The new extented themes looks very promising to customize a brand feel to our reports. However, we have the background of our vizuals and the title bars customized, yet I can't seem to find any cardname that would control those. Are those available yet? If not, are they planned for the coming versions?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm facing the same issue too. I attended a Microsoft hosted Power BI Community call last week when they showed the enhanced theming. I asked whether we could control backgrounds using the enhanced themes. The answer I received was "visualisation backgrounds yes, page backgrounds no".

Like you I want to set the visualisation backgrounds using a theme, but I can't get it to work. I'll keep trying and if I find the solution I'll let you know. Regards, Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the non-helpful response, but I was just about to post this same thing!  I want a standard look for my page backgrounds and visuals' borders, but I cannot find a way to do it.  Either the documentation (posted by David Iseminger here) is incomplete, or it fails to warn that there are features missing from the preview release.

The documentation lists the visual names and card names, but I cannot find a list of valid property names and values for those cards.  All I have at my disposal is the partial list in Mr. Iseminger's post, and the property names and values given in the example themes in the themes gallery (e.g. "fontSize":8, "show":true, "responsive":true  -- these are in the examples but not the documentation). 

Using the provided documentation, I cannot even figure out how to change the default font color of something.  Is it "fontColor"? "textColor"?  I'm just guessing (usually wrongly).

Is there a reference guide for ALL card propertyName: propertyValue possibilities somewhere?  Are they part of a larger API library or something?  If so, the documentation really needs to point this out.

Glad I am not the only one struggling with these issues! I have also been unable to find complete documentation and have tried guessing the name of cards/properties etc with no luck. Would love to be able to change the font colour/background colour.

Have you managed to find anything else out or posted an idea? If so let me know the idea so we can vote.

Cheers

Rose

Glad I am not the only one struggling with these issues! I have also been unable to find complete documentation and have tried guessing the name of cards/properties etc with no luck. Would love to be able to change the font colour/background colour.

Have you managed to find anything else out or posted an idea? If so let me know the idea so we can vote.

Cheers

Rose

I didn't find anthing yet.

Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to this topic.

I'd like to understand how to customise visual background colour, visual background transparency and title font family / font size.

Apparently these options exist but I have been unable to find a comprehensive list of available cardNames and/or properties that I can apply in a JSON file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.