Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dtstraten
Frequent Visitor

[Expression.Error] We cannot the value null to type Text

With the new roll out of the Desktop version for July and August I haven't been able to load any data into my Desktop version. I am currently stuck using the June version, which works without any problems at all.

The error that I get is as below:
1.JPG2.JPG

I have even tried starting a new file and load the date but I get the same error. 

3.JPG

I can't figure where this error is and why it suddenly have changed with the couple of latest updates to the desktop version. 

You help on this would be much appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I decided to uninstall everything that was connected to PowerBI and this took care of the problem. So I'm not sure what caused it but I have resolved it now.

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Dtstraten,

In your scenario, which type of data source are you connected? Could you please provide us the detail steps which can reproduce this issue. So that we can try to reproduce this issue and check if this is a issue for this version of Power BI desktop.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

I decided to uninstall everything that was connected to PowerBI and this took care of the problem. So I'm not sure what caused it but I have resolved it now.

Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you uninstall? We have the same issue, we can't load any data into PowerBI desktop. 

I deleted anything which had the PowerBI logo associated with it, On top of that I deleted any kind of connectors that might had an influence on it as well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.