cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurenceSD
Helper II
Helper II

Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value null to type Logical. Details: Value= Type=[Type]

Hi,

I'm getting the above error and I've seen other posts on this, but can't seem to find a solution, so wondering if anyone can help in pointing where to find this, because it's only just appeared and bizarrely only happening on desktop, on the online version which is refreshing via a gateway every day, there is no error message at all, it refreshes fine, but on desktop no dice.

I thought it was to do with emerging some other tables so I deleted those emerging and in preview the error went away, but each time I take one more merge away I try and load and the error pops up again.

Does anyone have any pointers of how to track down this rogue line, based on the error message? Its a very big table I'm using so loads of lines to go through.......

If there is anything I can post to help please let me know

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User IV
Super User IV

@LaurenceSD - If this is in Power Query, then turn on View | Column quality and see if you can track it down there. If you refresh, you should get a report of errors perhaps?

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LaurenceSD
Helper II
Helper II

@Greg_Deckler thanks for flagging that functionality, I believe I've managed to isolate the error, thanks

Greg_Deckler
Super User IV
Super User IV

@LaurenceSD - If this is in Power Query, then turn on View | Column quality and see if you can track it down there. If you refresh, you should get a report of errors perhaps?

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - September 30th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors