Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gsalas
Helper II
Helper II

Expression.Error: Value=FALSE Type=Type

HELP!  Having serious issues with an attempted Merge Queries.  I am trying to merge an index key for the combination of Month, Year, and Keyword onto a Table with all leads.  Some of these leads will have a match in the index, but not all (since many of the leads are from other tactics like display).  When I merge the queries (Left Outer Join) and then attempt to exapnd the New Column so my index shows for each item, I get the following error message:

Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value false to type Text.
Details:
Value=FALSE
Type=Type

I cannot find this error anywhere else.  Since it is a left outer join, I should get an empty value NOT a FALSE values for every row where the match failed.  Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the issue.  Apparently two records in one of the index columns were labeled "FALSE" in the source excel data.  Power Bi cannot process cells in excel that have a classic error flag like "FALSE" "#NAME?" or "#DIV".  Once I cleared the records, the indexing worked beautifully.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

Maybe the issue is the Index Key (The combination).

Lima - Peru

I found the issue.  Apparently two records in one of the index columns were labeled "FALSE" in the source excel data.  Power Bi cannot process cells in excel that have a classic error flag like "FALSE" "#NAME?" or "#DIV".  Once I cleared the records, the indexing worked beautifully.  Thanks!

goda
Regular Visitor

Thank you for sharing, I was losing my mind with this error 😂 But after seeing your comment saying Excel special flags are to blame, I just saved the source file as a csv instead of xlsx and that fixed it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.