Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression.Error: The name 'Added Custom1' wasn't recognized. Make sure it's spelled correctly

Hi All

I'm trying to add a custom column and fill in dates between two dates.

I'm trying to add a column to this set of data:

Help.PNG

= Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom1", "FillInDate", each List.Dates([Starting_Date],Duration.Days([Duration])+1,#duration(1,0,0,0)))

...but I get this error message.

Expression.Error: The name 'Added Custom1' wasn't recognized.  Make sure it's spelled correctly

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are referencing a step that appears after the current #"Filtered Rows5" step. Power BI doesn't know about #"Added Custom 1" yet.

Try something similar to the following instead to reference the output of the prior step:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows5", "FillInDate", each List.Dates([Starting_Date],Duration.Days([Duration])+1,#duration(1,0,0,0)))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
plimbacher
Frequent Visitor

Had the same issue.  I understand the root cause and correction now.  Thanks!

You are referencing a step that appears after the current #"Filtered Rows5" step. Power BI doesn't know about #"Added Custom 1" yet.

Try something similar to the following instead to reference the output of the prior step:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows5", "FillInDate", each List.Dates([Starting_Date],Duration.Days([Duration])+1,#duration(1,0,0,0)))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.