Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nleuck
Post Patron
Post Patron

Expression Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table

Hello All,

I have a date table that is a Direct Query to my SQL Server. The table only went to 12-31-2020. So I had the owner of the table update the table. Now the table runs through 11-07-2032, but this is causing errors for my YTD measures. I'm getting Blank values in my visuals.

I went to transform data and selected the Source for my date table. In the Advanced options I pasted the following SQL statement:

SELECT
 list of columns
FROM database.schema.tablename
WHERE [Date] <= DATEADD(yy, DATEDIFF(yy, 0, GETDATE()) + 1, -1)

The data loads just find. Basically I'm trying to get all the dates before the end of the current year, but a yellow triangle pops up next to the date table. Here is the following error:

Expression Error the key didn't match any rows in the table.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@nleuck that's your issue, can you paste the M code here. Why not remove the navigation step, I don't think you need it since you are adding the SQL query directly.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@nleuck that's your issue, can you paste the M code here. Why not remove the navigation step, I don't think you need it since you are adding the SQL query directly.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k 

Thank you! It seems that removing the Navigation step fixed it.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@nleuck is that error coming on the source step or in the following steps?

@parry2k 

I have Source then Navigation. The error is at Navigation.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@nleuck can you check if you can run the same SQL statement in SSMS?

@parry2k 

It runs in SQL and returns the results I want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors