Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gghneim

Expression.Error: The field 'displayName' already exists in the record.

Hi All,

I had been experimenting with using an OData connection to "https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/users" the last few weeks as a good way to pull in live organizational user data. This had been working like a charm for a few weeks. But the last few days, any time I tried to refresh the data I would get the following error:

Expression.Error: The field 'displayName' already exists in the record.
Details:
Name=displayName
Value=

I thought maybe I had renamed a column something I shouldn't have but I couldn't find anything. I finally just tried to create a new connection in a different report and it wouldn't even load the data and would return the same error. I'm at a bit of a loss. Anyone ever see this before?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gghneim,

Please check the "Applied steps" in query editor to find which step caused this error.

When you tried to create a new connection, please clear the cache (File->Options and settings->Options->Data Load) and test again.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm getting an error similar to this. The full error is:

An error occurred in teh 'Fetch' query. Expression.Error: The field 'Priority' already exists in teh record.

Details:

Name=Priority

Value=

I don't recall creating a duplicate field titled priority. Also, the shown applied steps don't seem to have the same field name either. I'm not sure if there is an applied step that is missing or something else that I am missing to solve the error. 

I was having the same issue and this is how I solved it.

Go into your query editor and click on the query showing the error/warning icon (triangle) - usually the panel on the left of the data tables. You have to look at your applied steps (panel on the right) and find at which point your data still looked like you wanted (click on each step. Essentially, the step immediately after is responsible for throwing the error.

Yes, normally that is a good approach, but in this case it's a matter of the Microsoft Graph API not working anymore for Power BI. Hopefully MS will enable support for this in the near future...

Thank you for the reply @v-yulgu-msft.

I removed all the applied steps before. It is occuring on the initial load. I cleared the cache as you advised but still no luck. I'm starting to wonder if the Microsoft Graph feed is the problem.

I'm having exactly the same issue - any resolution to this yet? It does seem like there is an issue with Microsoft Graph

Same issue here, worked fine a few weeks ago, now initially had to use an embed token to get access and when I do that I get the same error, must be something with the graph api that's changed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.