I had been experimenting with using an OData connection to "https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/users" the last few weeks as a good way to pull in live organizational user data. This had been working like a charm for a few weeks. But the last few days, any time I tried to refresh the data I would get the following error:
Expression.Error: The field 'displayName' already exists in the record.
I thought maybe I had renamed a column something I shouldn't have but I couldn't find anything. I finally just tried to create a new connection in a different report and it wouldn't even load the data and would return the same error. I'm at a bit of a loss. Anyone ever see this before?
Please check the "Applied steps" in query editor to find which step caused this error.
When you tried to create a new connection, please clear the cache (File->Options and settings->Options->Data Load) and test again.
Thank you for the reply @v-yulgu-msft.
I removed all the applied steps before. It is occuring on the initial load. I cleared the cache as you advised but still no luck. I'm starting to wonder if the Microsoft Graph feed is the problem.
Same issue here, worked fine a few weeks ago, now initially had to use an embed token to get access and when I do that I get the same error, must be something with the graph api that's changed.
I was having the same issue and this is how I solved it.
Go into your query editor and click on the query showing the error/warning icon (triangle) - usually the panel on the left of the data tables. You have to look at your applied steps (panel on the right) and find at which point your data still looked like you wanted (click on each step. Essentially, the step immediately after is responsible for throwing the error.