Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slumpkin
Regular Visitor

Expression. Error: The field 'X' already exists in the record

I'm trying to load a dataset from a salesforce report and for some reason only one of my reports is causing this error:

Expression. Error: The field 'X' already exists in the record

Name = Probability (%) 

Value = 

The value being blank. I'm not sure what this means, nor am I sure how to fix it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I realized it was because I had bucketed fields and the title of my bucket was the same as one of the field names.

If anyone runs into this issue, try changing the title of your bucketed field to make sure it's unique from the field names.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
marshman

I am using the MicosoftCallQuality Connector and am continuing to get this error and am unable to connect to delete any duplicate columms. But basically the error details say "The field 'Detected Inbound Network Problem' already exists in the record". I don't have any other queries connected at the moment and don't know how to fix this. Any advice on what to do?

ysanabria
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error, any solution for this?

• Processing errorThe field 'department_name' already exists in the record.
  • Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST2-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID3415f7b2-33d0-406f-a39d-707d6e154bb4
  • Request ID1d16f988-f344-40e3-a666-fa932d14f660
parry2k
Super User
Super User

i guess  this is in query editor? Does your report has duplicate columns?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I realized it was because I had bucketed fields and the title of my bucket was the same as one of the field names.

If anyone runs into this issue, try changing the title of your bucketed field to make sure it's unique from the field names.

What is the difference between bucketed fields and title of the bucket?

I'm getting the same error and have a different Name for my merged quiry.

In a 'Merged Quiries" applied step I am getting this error:

Expression.Error: The field 'AttribTypes' already exists in the record.
Details:
Name=AttribTypes
Value=

When I look at the column names in the two tables I am merging I do not see two with the name "AttribTypes" and the name of my merged quiry is "Code Types" so I don't understand why I am getting this error. 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.