Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-sadadi
Employee
Employee

Expression.Error: The column '' of the table wasn't found.

Hi Team,

I have a pbix file connecting to CRM online source. I have recently made an update to one of the query by adding new fields to the query from the available CRM fiels in desktop file. But getting the below error when I refresh the query.

Error.jpg

Any help to fix this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Satya

18 REPLIES 18
abdullahkash99
Regular Visitor

I am constantly adding a large number of columns and rows to the Excel file and it is linked to Google Drive with PowerPI

What is the best way to add columns and rows to an excel file without showing some errors?

Uchay105
Regular Visitor

Hi Team 

I have files connecing from one drive and i am getting an error messgae below please help 

Expression.Error: The column '44928' of the table wasn't found.
Details:

DaniOviedo

En mi caso, del archivo original se eliminó una columna, en el Editor Avanzado hay que buscar y quitar el nombre de la columna, y luego ya al dar refresh  el reporte se actualiza bien.

mashalhazrati
Regular Visitor

i face similar error : as previously someone else create power BI Dashboard when i update power BI through his files there is no matter the mininute i update the data inside that excel files it give me error even if i open his excel file and close that when i update i face error same error column1 not found if anyone know about this error please contact me here or in my email : Mashalhazrati@gmail.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one issue that is like 
Colon 'Question 1 - Free Text (single line)' in tabel is not foundt 
how to sorte it?

Farhan_
Regular Visitor

Problem solves by removing the table on the advance editor. 

Thanks!

Thank you for the solution. I couldn't find the no. of columns. Its was there in the advance editor, I increased the no. columns in the advance editor and applied it.

Regular Visitor

Refresh each table individually.

Click on the ellipses (...) on the Data or Report view for each data table then "Refresh data".

Once you have done that you may Refresh the whole Power BI.

Alternatively, you may load each table individually and one table refreshes each time you upload a time.

That should assist.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @v-sadadi,

According to the error message, you might have some steps that reference the column 'newlsLifecycleProposalincludedfromOSE' which has been removed or renamed or any other operation when you modified the query. It could be a step where you renamed, re-ordered columns, changed data types, removed other columns, etc.

Directly, right click on your query then select Advanced editor. Here you can see the name of columns/object used for each step of your query, find the unfound column name and edit it. 

Here is a similar thread as yours, please take a reference:
Expression.Error: The column '<ColumnTitle>' of the table wasn't found

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is so helpful. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar error... edited the M code through Advanced Editor. That resolved it. thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a similar error though in Power Query the table loads successfully. It is only when the data set gets pulled into Power BI desktop after clicking 'Close and apply' in the Power Query editor that the full load says that column was not found. This is particularly frustrating as it is not possible to see at what stage the error is getting thrown at in Power Query because confusingly Power Query is able to refresh the dataset.

Problem resolved for me by removing the columns from Advanced Editor. Thank you, 

Hi,

What operation do you perform in advance editor?

I am Trying to Connect it with google sheet.

1st-time data got loaded but when I refresh it the error occurred.

Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Open the advanced editor and remove the column from the code.. be sure to copy the original code first incase something goes wrong.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I have the same problem, I am getting my data by API from Freshservices. So when I call overdue tickets and the result is 0 I am getting this error because no data are available and that affects on all the report and can't be refresh.

any solution for that?!!

Capture.PNG

I have the same problem when refreshing and there is no data.

Hola que tal, tengo el mismo problema quisiera saber si lo llegaste a resolver.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.